NERC CIP-014 and Beyond
As the premier security and compliance consulting firm, CRSI developed a customized assessment tool specifically targeting physical security, combining historical threat data, up to the minute threat intelligence, and on-site examination of the facilities day and night to provide a detailed report of threats and vulnerabilities. CRSI continues to collaborate with major utilities across North America to plan and implement comprehensive security programs which deter, detect, and delay potential physical attacks to meet the physical security requirements of NERC CIP-014 R4, R5 and R6.
Data developed during the assessment is next used to develop Physical Security Plans for each affected facility. These plans are highly detailed and specific to the asset. They contain comprehensive recommendations needed to mitigate the vulnerabilities identified. These plans meet or exceed NERC CIP-014 R5.
Due to our wealth of experience in providing physical security consulting to the electric utility industry, CRSI is recognized as a highly-qualified provider for the Unaffiliated Third Party Review required by NERC CIP-014 R6. Our team thoroughly reviews data collected during the Threat and Vulnerability Assessment and the resultant Physical Security Plan(s) to render a report stating opinions on the methodology, findings, recommendations and planned mitigation strategies.
CRSI services include:
- Evaluation of Threats and Vulnerabilities of a Physical Attack
- Evaluation of Evolving Threats
- Threat Intelligence Evaluation
- Physical Security Plan Development
- Unaffiliated Third Party Review of Physical Security Plan
Physical security concerns continue to grow at a rapid pace. CRSI recognizes this fact and collaborates heavily in the knowledge and experience of our team. Some of our internationally recognized credentials include:
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) – ASIS International
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) – ASIS International
- Certified Professional in Homeland Security – Levels I-IV, American Board for
- Certification in Homeland Security
- Certified Security Project Manager – Security Industry Association
CRSI strategically partnered with more than 250 utilities in the last five (5) years for their NERC CIP Compliance Solutions. To find out more about how to create your Security Compliance Roadmap, call us today to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.